Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Two years in a few sentences

Two years ago the Dynamic Duo were a few hours old, I had driven home and I was still living in Neverland that I was going to be nothing more than a meddling grandmother.  It seems like it was only yesterday that I left that hospital after only getting to see the twins for a few minutes.  They were so fragile, each baby had her own nurse within touching, and were kept in a darkened room with machines beeping. The hardest part was that no one would tell me anything because I was not a parent....and the "parent" wasn't asking questions.  The only thing I had to hang on to is I knew that they were breathing on their own.  It was a hard trip home but since I had a seven year old I was responsible for, home is where I had to be. 

After many trips, the Duo came home in mid November and haven't looked back since.  Two years later, they are healthy, ornery and going ninety miles an  hour most of the time. 

There will be challenges.  We are much older than other parents.  Kayla will have to work a little harder.  We will have to be vigilant for problems that could crop up from the prenatal drugs and alcohol. 

I made a vow that I would not worry and look too far ahead....and I haven't.  If we as Christians, believe in God, we also have to trust.  With trust there can be no worry.  I don't know where we are headed but I'm not worried.  We will make it.

1 comment: