Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Alien from Walmart

The other night I went to Walmart by myself, which is very unusual.  The Dynamic Duo are well known in our local haunts.  I'm rushing through my list so I could get home before Chuck had pulled all his hair out or started listing too bad, and this stranger struck up a conversation with me.  She was really upset that someone an aisle over was letting a child scream.  I had been oblivious to the noise but then I thought " Letting??? "  Anyway, she felt like a swift slap on the bottom would solve the problem in a hurry.  I smiled vaguely and left the area.  I'm not sure what planet she was from but I am pretty sure a bottom slapping wouldn't have made the Duo happy to stop any noise they would have been making.  I'm not for letting kids have temper tantrums in a crowd but a kid yelling doesn't even show up as a blip on my scale. 

Today the Duo and I went to Walmart.  Kayla likes to yell.....I think it must be the acoustics in there....then Lyssa starts her version of singing which could, for the tone deaf, sound like yelling.  I'm furtively looking for my alien lady to come up and tell me to start slapping bottoms but mostly I just saw people point the Duo out, smile and ask if they are twins. 

I think a lot of it is an age thing.  When I was a younger mother, I expected my kids to be nearly perfect....hmmm....a lot of you know how well that turned out.  This time around, I want them to be happy, healthy and not be complete hellions.  We are having a lot more fun this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment